Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Universal
- Model: M-35C
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 35hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze
- Year: 2002
- Engine Hours: 1580
City Yachts 10 Marina Boulevard
San Francisco, California, US, 94123
Welcome Aboard !
The best definition of the Catalina 36 MK II can be summed up in a single word. SUCCESS! A hugely successful design, built by a hugely successful builder. A perfect fit for a sailing family, coastal cruising, or club racing.
The Catalina 36 MK II is practically perfect in so many ways. Thousands produced sailing worldwide. Not too big, and yet so much more than you would expect above and below deck for the size.
Boarding is from either port or starboard through double life line gates or transom pass-through. There is an extra firm hand hold on the side of the dodger exactly where you would expect it to be. Wide side decks lead to a very modest step down to the huge cockpit. Stern pulpit seats rest on either side of the helmsperson behind the 40" Destroyer Wheel and pedestal mounted electronics. The forward side of the pedestal has a varnish teak table. The cockpit seating can easily accommodate 6 more guests. The full length benches are also perfect for reclining.
All the control lines lead to the cockpit under the dodger. With the furling main and jib this vessel is rigged to be simply sailed by two.
The interior is classic. Galley and Navigation Station are opposite each other at the base of the companionway. Engine compartment is centerline aft. Private aft cabin with large athwartship double berth.
Salon can entertain 8, including a convertible game table. The salon can also be transformed into more sleeping accommodations. Head, Shower and V-berth forward.
The interior is easy to move around in with generous headroom and lots of light and air. The teak adds warmth and delivers that yacht feeling.
- 2 Burner propane stove with oven
- Adler Barbour Ice Box with DC compressor
- Hot and cold pressure water system
- Double stainless steel sinks
Raitan Head with overboard discharge or to a polyethylene holding tank. Holding tank can be emptied either by 12 volt macerator pump or from a deck plate at shore based pump-out facility.
- 12 VOLT DC and 120 VOLT AC
- BATTERIES - 2 (House) Group 4 D, FLA type 1 - (Engine) Group 31 AGM
- XANTRAX "TrueCharge 2 Battery Charger - 40 amps
- Statpower "Prosine 1800" Inverter
- 3 Way DC Master Disconnect Switch for House and 30 amp breaker for AC
- Outlets are GFCI protected
Universal M-35BC, which is a four cylinder, four cycle, naturally aspirated and indirect cooled diesel engine (Fresh water ) with a power output of approximately 35 horsepower. Serial Number YN8146-E101
The transmission is a Hurth HBW-100, which is mechanically shifted disc clutch type marine gear.
- Engine Hours as of February 2018 = 1580
- 1" Propeller Shaft
- 3 Blade fixed propeller 15 x 9 right hand
- Recent upgrades/maintenance includes:
- Heat Exchanger (2017)
- Raw Water Pump (2017)
- Bruce 33 Lb. Anchor
- Maxwell Windlass with 1/4" chain
- Bow Anchor Roller
- Lewmar Winches 1 #30 Self-tailing , 2 #48's Self-tailing
- Charleston Spars Keel Stepped Mast - mast head, single spreader with Schaefer 2100 roller furling jib system
- In-Mast furling main
- 1 x 19 stainless steel standing rigging with split backstay
- Garhauer traveler
- Hard vang
- Standard Horizon VHF with RAM mic in cockpit
- Autohelm ST 4000+ auto pilot
- Jensen stereo
- Raytheon ST 60 depth sounder
- Raytheon RL 70 radar
- Raytheon wind speed, wind direction and knotmeter
- McMurdo EPIRB
- 2 - 3.5 lb. ABC dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 5 Type II Life Jackets
- Assorted flares
- 8 oz. hand held air horn
- Manual Whale Gusher bilge pump , Jabsco electric bilge pump with float switch
- Ritchie Compass
- Double wire life lines with bow and stern pulpits
- Broksanic TV
- TV antenna at masthead
- 6 gallon hot water heater
- Shore power cord
- Steering pedestal cover
- Cockpit table,
- Cockpit speakers
- Cockpit cushions
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For Your Private Showing Please Contact
415-567-8880 firstname.lastname@example.org www.citysf.com